Q. What Business Trades do you cover? A. We can cover all the following trades and are constantly adding new trades.
  • Dog Walking
  • Pet Sitting
  • Pet Boarding
  • Pet Minding
  • Dog Day-Care
  • Dog Grooming
  • Cat Grooming
  • Mobile Dog Grooming
  • Mobile Cat Grooming
  • Pet Taxi
  • Horse Sitting
  • Dog Training
  • Pet Behaviourist
  • Cattery
  • Kennels
  • Tellington Touch - NEW
  • Canine Massage - NEW
  • Pet Photography – NEW
  • Pet Portraits – NEW
  • Dog Manicurist - NEW

Q. I am not a business, can I still have insurance?

A. Yes. We can still provide cover for anyone looking after third-party animals. You do not need to be a business.

Q. What age do you have to be to have a policy?

A. You must be 16 or over to take out a policy.

Q. Can I amend my policy at any time?

A. Yes. You can amend your policy at any time. We do not charge a fee for amendments; we only charge if there is extra cover being added.

Q. Can I cancel my policy at any time?

A. Yes. You can cancel your policy anytime without any administration fees. Even better – Pet Business Insurance will refund your money, pro-rata, for any unused period of cover (as long as you haven’t made a claim of course!).
If you cancel within 14 days of purchase, we'll refund your policy payment in full. Now that’s a money back guarantee!

Q. What is the process for making a claim?

A. If you need to make a claim then please contact our specialist claims department Reserv

Q. Are my own animals included?

A. Your own animals are not included in dog walking policies. This policy covers third party animals in your care only. However, if you are walking your own dog whilst walking client’s dogs, we can cover your own dog for Public Liability only.

Q. What happens if an animal in my care damages my property?

A. We do not provide cover for your own property for any of our pet business coverage options; whether it’s in-home pet sitting, grooming, or other services. Your public liability would cover any third-party property damage. You would need to check with your home insurance if you are insured for any damage to your property caused by your business.

Q. Do I need a boarding license?

A. Please check with your Local Authorities to see if you require a license.

Q. Do you cover any animal on the DWAA or DDA?

A. No. We cannot cover any Dangerous Wild Animals or Dogs on the Dangerous Dog Act.

Q. Does my cover family and volunteers?

A. Yes, we provide automatic cover for helpers and volunteers as long as any money they bring in is included in your annual turnover.

Have more questions about your trade?

Learn more about what coverage looks like for your pet business and find answers to common questions specific to your trade.

Pet Business Cover We Provide

Dog Walking Insurance

Dog Walking Insurance

Finding simple, affordable dog walking coverage is a walk in the park.

Cat or Dog Grooming

Dog Grooming Insurance
Pet Groomer Insurance

The preferred insurance policy designed specifically for groomers.

Pet Sitters Insurance

Pet Sitting Insurance, In-House Per
Boarding & Dog Day Care Insurance

Cover the cost of accidents and ‘Uh-ohs!’ while pets are in your care.

Kennels Insurance

Kennel and Cattery Insurance

The ‘purrfect’ coverage to protect your kennel or cattery when ‘Oh No!’ moments arise.

Pets to Schools Insurance

Pet to Schools Insurance

Find peace of mind in proper coverage while canines work their magic in schools.

Dog Trainer & Pet Behaviourists Insurance

Dog Trainer & Pet
Behaviourists Insurance

Specialised insurance to safeguard professionals when working with unpredictable pets.

Don't see the cover you need for your business?


Not Ready to Buy?

Set up a reminder and we will contact you when you are ready.

Set up a reminder